Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Last day of surgery. Day 5!

The last day at the clinic is here. We added on 10 surgerys this morning, all fairly quick procedures.

There wasnt much to do in the clinic so i just kinda wandered around looking for things to do. Marta is in charge of all the pre-op IVs. She let me start two of them this morning. Hit the vein both times, first try.

My favorite part of today was scrubbing in for the OR. that's right they let me operate. Ok not really but I assisted with James. Such an awesome experience. Kate took some pictures for me while I was in there.

Later that afternoon we went out to the lake It was about a 2 hour drive there through the mountains. Our bus had a little bit of trouble makin it up the hills but we survived. The scenery was gorgeous. We passed by tons of coffee fields. Guatemalan coffee is the best i have ever tasted.
We ate at a place on the lake. It was gorgeous. It dd start raining though. So we moved inside and they lite a fire for us. More my style, I went kinda American with my meal, a chicken sandwich and French fries.
Not gonna lie I'm missing American food a bit. My bodys not used to the overload of carbs that hear people put into ever meal.

I have felt so blessed here. My heart is so happy and I have fallen in love with this country. These people are so thankful

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers


Family