Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day 4. Loco Americanos

Tuesday began the same as yesterday. This mornings breakfast was one of the best though. Complete with pancakes, pineapple, and eggs. Any body who knows me, knows this was a great morning for me food wise. . The women here that cook are so awesome. I feel like they are constantly cooking for us. Our food has yet to be disappointing.

Worked another morning shift which was about the same as yesterday. Vitals, antibiotics, discharge papers. It has become very routine now. I can discontinue an IV and chart like a pro.

My Spanish, or well Spanglish, is coming back a bit. I can ask patients basic questions like if they are in pain or hot. Other than that I usually need a translator.

I was able to FaceTime with my mom and dad today for a minute. Which was great. I showed my mom around the clinic and she met my head nurse and one of our surgeons. It was nice to be able to see her and show here around where I am.

The last part of my day consisted of a walk to the swinging bridge. The fun part was it was storming. Don't worry mom and dad, they wouldn't let me actually get on the bridge since the lightning was so bad. But it was an adventure that's for sure. Loco gringos.

I'm really excited for our last day.
Friday we will travel to Antigua. So far I'm planning on some shopping and zip lining. Since I've never zip lined before I'm looking forward I that the most!

God has been so evident in this trip. I already want to come back next year!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! It is great that you are doing all this work in another country, it shows character and as a nurse it is important to show sympathy to fellow humans. Being able to to communicate in different languages is important too, especially Spanish.That skill will certainly follow you back to America, especially once you make that switch from Spanglish to actual Spanish. :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers


Family