Wednesday, September 4, 2013

I love my school

I can't say this enough, I love my school. Now it hasn't always been true. I absolutely hated this place my freshman year. I surprised a lot of people by coming back as a sophomore, but I did. I am so thankful I stuck it out. 

I have met some of the most wonderful people here. People who would drop everything to help me. People who challenge me to live for Christ. People who encourage me to stay positive and always do my best. People who are intentional with their relationships. 

A lot of these people came from my club. Pi theta phi. Yeah I knew it's a weird Greek name, but welcome to harding. We do things a little differently here. These women have been the biggest blessing in my life. They have been my safe place to go when it feels the world is caving in. My shoulders to cry on in bad times rand friends to rejoice with in good times. This week marks the start of the pledging process for our new members. I can not wait to see what wonderful girls we get to join us this year.  Here's a picture of my roommate from last year and I at our first open house. We pledged together last year and she is just wonderful. 

2 comments:

  1. As someone currently completing pre-requisite requirements to be accepted into nursing school, I find this post very refreshing! This is my first year in school and I have felt like I've had some difficulties fitting in. Seeing a post like this reminds me to persevere because at the end of my education, it will all be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Getting through the first year of any school is difficult, but if you get through one, you can make it through 3 more! Getting involved in student activities can open up doors to meeting new people and learning new things about your school, and when you know the right people, the more opportunities you have!

      Delete

Followers


Family