Monday, August 13, 2012

Life changing week

This week has been absolutely incredible. The relationships I have formed in this short week have completely exceeded any expectations I had formed before arriving here.

This week I traveled to a country I have never been to. With people I had never met. I've experienced more than I have in my entire life in this one week. My heart is so full of joy.

The Last night in montellano, each person shared what impacted them this week. Not gonna lie, I may have teared up a bit. Just getting to hear the different ways people were blessed this week- in the clinic, the OR, on the mobile missions, and just by our team- was so moving. On my first day a man came out of surgery and immediately asked If the surgery had been preformed. When we told him it had he immediately began thanking and praising God. He was so incredibly thankful. That's something you don't really see in the states.

People expect these things. We are a privaledged people. We have grown numb to the every day blessings we recieve. I have become so humbled by these Guatemalan people. They pray with a passion that is rare in the US. Something I had never seen before. One man forgot to eat all day because he was so deep in prayer about the doctors visit he might recieve on a mobile clinic.

Where has our passion and desire for God gone? We have grown accustomed to the benefits of living in the US that we don't appreciate health care and clean water. I pray that we wake up. That We realize what is happening around us. That we see what our country has become. We have forgotten the true joys of life. The little things. Like flushing toilet paper or a roof that doesn't leak.

This trip has made a lasting impression on me, and I am already planning on coming back next year. This week has become the biggest trip health talents has ever taken and we are all planning on coming back and bringing people with us. It is an amazing organization that I plan to continue working with for many years. Thank you to everyone who helped me make this possible. I honestly could not have gone without your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers


Family